Congratulations on your pregnancy. How are you feeling?
Overjoyed. Excited. Scared. Overwhelmed.
All of the above!
Pregnancy can bring up a rollercoaster of emotions and for the most part that’s fine, normal in-fact.
But sometimes those anxious thoughts can easily take over and put a dampener on the whole nine months. Making your upcoming birth and transition into motherhood a daunting experience.
Maybe you’re worried about the significant changes having a baby will have on your life? Or you are worried how you will cope emotionally?
Are you feeling concerned, not sure if you are ready for the impact a baby will have on your life? You see and hear all the time, the demands a young family can have on you.
You’re pregnant. You’re pleased of course you are but how you think and feel about yourself, and your life is changing.
And you’re questioning your readiness.
If you’re anything like my previous clients you have one hundred and one questions filing your mind.
Questions such as…
What can I expect in labour ?
When will I know it’s right time to go to the hospital?
Will I bond with my baby once it is here?
How will I cope with being tired and sleepless nights?
What will parenting be like?
And will I be good enough?
Will I experience complications that affect me and my unborn baby?
Is labour going to be painful and how long will the whole birthing process be?
Will my partner be ok during the labour process?
Will having a baby change things with my partner?
You could be concerned as…
- Maybe you have a fear losing control and you’ve started to give your self a hard time.
- Perhaps you worry about your performance in labour and your body’s ability to give birth
- You maybe concerned that you will be unable to cope with labour and suspect it will be a traumatic experience
- Maybe you have a strong dislike for hospitals
- Or you’re worried about interacting with health care professionals
- Perhaps you distrust the obstetric staff
- Or you are concerned they wont be friendly
- You worry you might be left alone in labour and that frightens you
- You fear you’ll look silly or not be involved in any decision-making
Deep down you know that childbirth is safe and having a baby is a positive thing but you can’t help but think about the possibility of negative or harmful outcomes.
There is an underlying fear surrounding you that something is bound to go wrong. So strong is this feeling you’re carrying that maybe you’ve put off telling some people that you are pregnant.
Everyone expects you to be happy and glowing now you are pregnant. Dutifully you put on a show for them. No one understands why you’re not permanently brimming over with happiness and you don’t feel you can share these worries with your friends and family for fear of looking daft.
You’re scared of losing control and equally as scared of the responsibility a baby brings.
You are not alone.
The majority of expectant Mums worry about the impact having a baby will have on their life.
Some of those of women suffer so badly with this fear that it can overshadow the whole pregnancy, complicate childbirth and even lead to difficulties bonding in motherhood.
However, research shows that regardless of how deep rooted your fear is, by preparing for childbirth not only will it enhance your birth experience, but it can also promote bonding with your partner and baby leaving you to experience positive parenting once baby has arrived.
Preparing for childbirth is as important as preparing for any other of life’s events.
The Birth Anxiety Breakthrough Formula will help you to:
- Build on your confidence to birth your baby and mother your child
- Reclaim your emotional control before during and after birth
- Increase your knowledge and awareness of your body’s responses
- Prepare you for any challenges that may occur during your baby’s birth
- Allow you to respond confidently to any challenging situations in pregnancy, birth and motherhood
- Trust in your ability to cope with whatever birth brings
- Manage your thoughts and emotions well in all situations
- Gain invaluable self insight allowing you to love and accept yourself
- Build a bond with your baby in pregnancy that will strengthen in motherhood
- Strengthen your bond with your birth partner making you a formidable team
When you perceive a sense of personal control over your baby’s birth you will feel more capable, confident, calm, courageous and comfortable putting your coping skills into action on the day.
The Birth Anxiety Preparation course provides you with an environment where you can learn and share from other expectant Mums who are experiencing similar thoughts and feelings to you. This will help you to move forward with a positive mindset and feel prepared for birth.
Feeling prepared for childbirth and having an awareness of your own amazing abilities makes labour easier, shorter and more comfortable for both you and your baby.
Having an awareness of your birth choices and making those decisions during labour from a place of calmness and confidence will provide you with a positive start to motherhood.
It’s amazing how easy it is to nip in the bud any unhelpful thoughts and feelings around pregnancy, birth and motherhood easily allowing you to move forward as the capable women you are.
Understanding you unwittingly create and maintain those fears and anxieties around birth is the key to be becoming free of them.
- Will learn relaxation techniques that help now in pregnancy, during birth and become an invaluable part of your motherhood experience too
- These same relaxation techniques are a crucial part of breastfeeding should you decide that is what you want to do when your baby arrives
- We will build up your self esteem and self confidence, stop that habitual comparing and contrasting your self to others
- Feel confident as a mother and banish self doubt
- Learn how to manage your worries and greatly reduce your anxiety levels for good
- Resolve any pesky anxiety based symptoms you maybe experiencing
- Understand the process of birth and the important part you and your baby play in it
- Greatly reduce any fear, worries or concerns you maybe having
- Inform and equip your birth partner in order to be huge support to you and become your advocate
- Learn effective bonding techniques along with your partner to build on your new relationship with your baby before birth
And if you’re worried about asking silly questions along the way, you needn’t be as we answer all your questions even the ones that you don’t want to ask. There really is no such thing as a silly question in our community, we give honest, researched based answers where we can or signpost you if necessary.
You and your baby are in safe hands.
Birth Preparation for Overly Anxious Minds will increase your preparedness for childbirth leaving you with a positive birth memory that’ll last you a lifetime.
Birth Preparation for Overly Anxious Minds is an Easy Enjoyable & most importantly Effective Course.
I don’t normally care for statistics. Spreadsheets are not my thing!
But as part of my business it has been suggested to me that I should gather data on my clients experiences.
All I really care about is you and your perception of birth. Because I know from both years of working with Mums and becoming one myself that when you feel good about your baby’s birth it sets you up for motherhood in a positive way.
And that is so important.
The knock on effect of a negative experience can be enormous. I have first hand experience of this from my first birth. As do many of the second or more time Mums that I work with.
And if I can show you how to avoid this as much as you possible, my work is done.
Having gone through the figures it looks like I achieve exactly this.
I’m blown away that 85.71% of my clients take the time to share their positive birth stories with me.
Out of those, 84.85% of them have had positive experiences of birthing in hospitals and 61.67% of my clients achieving this are first time mums.
But like I said, I don’t do this for the numbers I do this so that you and other women like you can birth their baby’s feeling calm, confident, capable and courageous.
I look forward to sharing your birth preparation journey with you.
See you on the inside!
P.S Discover ONE simple effective technique that will help you to remain calm, relaxed & in-control during labour regardless of the type of birth you have. Enrol for FREE today & get immediate access to this tried and tested technique AND our regular email series where we share more hints, tips and positive birth stories.
Sarah Brent is The Birth Anxiety Coach and Hypnobirthing Specialist in Southend, Essex. These day most of our sessions are done online for convenience however, you may still have in-person appointments at our location practice on the corner of Thames Drive & London Road, Leigh on Sea, Southend.
In easy reach of Benfleet, Chalkwell Park, Eastwood, Hadleigh, Leigh on Sea, Rayleigh, Rochford, Shoebury, Thorpe Bay, Thundersley, Westcliff On Sea